Vaillant boiler leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a Vaillant ecotech plus 415 condensing boiler fitted just over 2 years ago (yes its just out of its guarantee) on an open vented system. i.e its not a combi. I noticed today that the oven cloth that is underneath the boiler was damp so I took the mesh cover off the base of the boiler and on the front leading edge of the plastic sure enough there are dried water marks.
I thought Vaillant were supposed to be good quality boilers. Is this a serious problem and have other readers heard about this problem with this particular model in the Vaillant range? Thank you for any assistance offered.

Sponsored Links
I would take a look at the condensate pipe first. If it has occasionally frozen or the bottom of the plastic pipe has been underwater in the gulley, the condensate can easily overflow inside the boiler casing.

Yes good point but the condensate pipe runs internally into the kitchen sink waste. Moreover the condensate pipe is on the other side of the boiler (rear right looking at the boiler) and as far as I can see there is no leak(unlike Julian Assange) from it

Sponsored Links
I could be completely wrong although the layout sounds similar to my 428.

When this happened to me the water seeped through the case at the front of the unit. Very worrying at the time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back