Vaillant boiler ... Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I have just moved in to a property and the central heating system had been drained by the agents, with no manual and no way to identify the boiler (I cant see a model number) I am wondering if anyone here knows what model the boiler is??? I need to refill the hot water and central heating and have noooooo idea, can anyone help, cheers in advance!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/10/boiler.jpg/

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, in that thread the poster says its a combi? but this one def has a cylinder so I am bit unsure?? :confused:

Something in the back of my mind tells me that the model number is underneath on these... Or maybe you have to remove the fascia?

My brother has one and it took a surprisingly long time to find it so that he could get a quote for servicing it.

Sponsored Links
Hoodie786 has just posted a very useful ID guide... on the old thread I mentioned above.

The links above should help you Stuart !

doesnt matter what the boiler is, it will have an external filling loop somewhere to fill the system. A silver braided hose. Have a look at related searches about filling systems and filling loops. you need to find that. for the record its a turbomax vuw, probably the system version from what you say. If you open the bottom front panel, undo the screw on the top left of the control panel and let the control panel drop down the data plate is on the reverese of the panel.

It is a Thermocompact 242/1 and will have and external filling loop. this may be a silver braided hose,but may be two stop cocks or even a connection that looks like a small washing machine hose. Happy hunting. :)

Many thanks for the advice everyone! I found the model number last night it was located on the back side of the black panel with the control switches on it!! thermocompact VU GB 242/1 E, I found the filling loop upstairs by the cylinder!!

Now I just need to figure out how to set the time clock :) does anyone have a user manual they could email me over?? email removed... as now sorted

Save me spending an hour trying to figure it out!!

Cheers everyone

another problem now :(

the boiler worked fine for a day or so, but it was due to come on this morning for hot water, on checking there was a flashing indicator light, the 3rd one down in the pic, it looks like a triangle with another upside down on top of it?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Have you got the Manufacturer's Instructions yet?

If not, e-mail Vaillant who claim they'll e-mail one back to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back