vaillant boiler query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a vaillant ecotec pro and it looks like i need a new pcb. just a couple of things i need to know.
how can i tell which model it is so i order the correct pcb,
and are they difficult to change?
and how much should i look to be paying for one?

had no heat or hot water for nearly 3 weeks now and my wife is going to leave me!!!

Sponsored Links
pcb expensive you can only tell with multi meter
and easy to change and the gc below the boiler you would need this
but i would consider get in rgi to check it out first
p.s. why do you think its the board

just read your previous post
have you got power to the board if so have you got power to the pump

there is power to the board, not sure about the pump. how can i check?

Sponsored Links
same way you checked the power to the board
follow the cable from the pump to the board and theirs your lne

why do you think its the pcb? they're pretty reliable on these boilers unless the diverter valve has leaked in which case that'll need changing as well.

Faulty pcb is often the conclusion from people that are not good at faultfinding when it is actually something else.
What makes you think it is the pcb?

there is power going to the board and pump but the boiler is dead, no lights or fault codes. this happened after a drop in pressure due to a leak on the pressure sensor . pressure is back up but boiler is dead. all fuses ok.

right i would recommend you get some one in as it may not be the board but at same time it may be ring vaillant see how much they charge and ring bg for fpf on the boiler and the aa and local and see what price will be

someone came today and fitted a new sensor. its working for now but needs a new vessel. he said my best option was for an external one?
got to ring him later and speak to him about it

yeah he pumped it up but its leaking. said it would probably last the summer but not when the heating strats being used constantly. going to get the external one fitted when i can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back