Vaillant Boiler - Turbomax Plus 824 E, 828

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to constant dripping from boiler through PRV ? (i think) to the outside of the house I checked pressure gauge on boiler and it was in the red over to the RHS of the gauge - heating as only been on intermittently but constantly used during summer for hot water.

I tweaked the PRV knob and although I usually watch the gauge to ensure it stops between 0.8 and 1.5 on this occasion the gauge went to zero.

The boiler now fires up on both CH and hot water but after a minute or so it gives up and switches off without any hot water being distributed either through taps or CH. I've turned thermostat to max but still no effect.

Fault code is F23.

Help please the whole family are clamouring for showers and hot water for the bank holiday weekend.

(When tweaking the PRV knob does this empty water out of the boiler or allow water in ?)

Thanks

Dave

Sponsored Links
See Boiler Pressure Problems, in the FAQ.

YOu need to
turn the PRV until it snaps shut then leave it alone
find the filling loop
fill to about 1.2 bar then turn the filling loop OFF which it probably wasn't before.
May be hard - yours sticks.

See if it's still dripping from the prv.
If so, you probably need a little man in.

thanks for your help - I was able to locate the cold water top up link and heating and hot water working fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back