Vaillant Boiler

Igg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my name Ian.
I have a vaillant turbomax plus 824e 24 kw that has developed a leak, it is coming from a pipe thet goes into the heat exchanger.
I think this is the heat exchanger.
http://www.boilersparesdirect.co.uk/parts-online/shopexd.asp?id=86149
I am a bit desprate as i have called 5 diffrent plumers and they all said they were busy and called back.
I got British gas in he said heat exchanger no good down pipe is distorted, i said its distorted because there is a sensor there, anyway he said its not economical to fix :eek: Boiler was only fitted 5 years ago.
I have phoned Vaillant and they said they would come out and fix it for £290, i said what if its only a seal, dose not matter set charge. The boiler has not over heated or been run short of water.I need to get this boiler up and running as my Father is very ill and my mother is nearley blind and walking around with kettles of boiling water. Does anyone know what this seal is ? as i cant find any info. Thanks alot Ian :)

Sponsored Links
That HX shown is for the older turbomax,if yours was new 5years ago then thats the wrong HX. can you upload a photo of the boiler front panel,or discribe the the front of the boiler.Boiler can be fixed,by a good heating eng; :rolleyes:

Standard advice really. Ask friends/neighbours/colleagues if they know a good local guy that repaired their boiler.
It's not a diy job, so finding he correct part won't help you.

Thanks, i will get a pic,
We have tried lots of local plumers with no luck, most did not ring back, looks like it will have to be valliant at £290 as we have been without it for 2 weeks.
Thanks again. Ian.

Sponsored Links
It's just an o ring at the top of ht exch any rgi could change that for u pack of o rings from parts centre
an that is the right ht exch for turbomax from may 2000 to may 2005 then boiler changed to Eco condenser models

I have never encountered a leak in that position.

It might be just the seal but I would be warning the customer that it could well be a fault on the heat exchanger.

For that reason if you cannot get a local RGI then a Vaillant repair would be better as it will cover whatever is required.

Tony

It is a common fault the o ring hardens especially on the flow an leaks I have never known a ht exch to leak on this model, sometimes when divertor is changed it sometimes disturbs it an causes leaks

• Thanks
Reactions: Igg
Perhaps I have just been lucky then.

When changing diverters, I am always very careful to do so with the least stress on the pipework.

Apart from Suprimas I see very few connections to HEs leaking.

Tony

It is a common fault the o ring hardens especially on the flow an leaks I have never known a ht exch to leak on this model, sometimes when divertor is changed it sometimes disturbs it an causes leaks
Its never been disturbed, nothing has ever been changed, i cant get a plumber for the life of me at the moment, will have to get Valliant in on Tuesday.
Thanks for the help Ian.

I've seen these leak too.

Got a pack of Vaillant O rings in the van just in case. Usually needed when you move the HEX to change the cracked insulation boards that appear on this model after around 5 years.

• Thanks
Reactions: Igg
Thanks very much, it was that o ring, i had another plumber in after british gas, he also sait it was scrap. That is 5 that did not ring back and 2 that said it was not worth fixing and valliant said they would come out and fix it for £290. Criminal.
Thanks again all. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back