Vaillant Combi

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have now had 11 (yes eleven) visits from British Gas and after changing numerous bits and pieces they say the problem of no hot water is because of scaling and needing a new heating element. And of course they say thats not covered by the maintenance agreement !!!Cant understand how I can get central heating but barely warm water if the element as gone. Any ideas/views please. The boiler is 10 years old.
Jim

Sponsored Links
HW is heated via a secondary HE not the primary one that heats the system water.

Why dont you argue with them that as they sent 9 incompetent engineers before the 10th who could diagnose the fault then they should repair it anyway?

Of course that might not even be the fault!

We would charge £136 inclusive in our local area.

Tony

Have now had 11 (yes eleven) visits from British Gas

Quality service as always. :LOL:

Of course blocked/scaled plate exchanger should have been diagnosed on the first visit. It is often possible to descale and clean them.

Cue the BG backlash :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I reckon this must be a record. After 15 visits by British Gas and long discussions it is now down to a switch and nowt to do with heating elements. Just about everything else has been replaced !!
Jim

Why dont you argue with them that as they sent 9 incompetent engineers before the 10th who could diagnose the fault then they should repair it anyway?

Of course that might not even be the fault!

We would charge £136 inclusive in our local area.

Tony

who really gives a flying that you try to use this forum to advertise your prices why don't you stick to changing transistors
and i might add get away with it PRATT :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back