Vaillant DHW low flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please any information help this is driving me crazy cant think what to do next!!.

TURBOMAX PLUS 824E (LPG) About three years old.

Problem-Low flow on DHW 4ltr per Min.

Work done to rectify this.

ALL pipes replaced in house.
New pipe from mains into house replaced.
Stripped Heat exchanger and cleaned this out.
New Diverter valve fitted.
New taps at all points.
Plus new shower.

Water pressure into boiler very high (thought about fitting pressure gauge) just to check.

Having read for the last month this forum and gleaned a lot of info about this boiler.

A few posts about this problem recommend removal of the Water filter/flow restrictor I can not for the life of me find this,In one post it was identified as located behind a plastic cover held in with internal circlip the only thing I found there was a minute Turbine is this the flow restrictor ?.

Please help I have fitted a new bathroom new shower new bath and can not use the shower.

Regards John

Sponsored Links
Hi Mickg.
Thanks for the reply would that be the first lump of brass the water would reach IE where the Cold water supply goes into the boiler and is where the inbuilt stop cock is.
Regards
John

Sponsored Links
Hi Mickg.
Thanks for the reply would that be the first lump of brass the water would reach IE where the Cold water supply goes into the boiler and is where the inbuilt stop cock is.
Regards
John

no its in the flow switch. The brass thing with 3 wires going to it. It will be in front of you more or less when you pull down the front cover. Its next on from the cold water inlet valve.

Arn't they plastic bodied in the later boilers?

Sounds like a lot of work to have been done if its only a blocked restrictor!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back