vaillant diaphram or diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a vaillant vcw gb 221 h and need a diaphram plus associated new washers required on the repair. could anyone please give a supplier name who is reliable and reasonable? When replacing the diverter valve after the repair would you use tape on the unions or a sealant and if sealent then what? Many thanks for all replies.

Sponsored Links
My question to you would be- why are you removing the diverter. Do you know what you are doing? This is a complex boiler. Its operation is like none other.

And if its the funny mid position thing then they never fail ( although the micros can go out of adjustment ).

Tony

My question to you would be- why are you removing the diverter. Do you know what you are doing? This is a complex boiler. Its operation is like none other.
Thanks for the reply. The ch side is ok but the domestic hot water runs hot then cool. i had read various sites that suggested the diaphragm might well be the cause and removing the diverter valve looks reasonable.
since it is either mend it or scrap it a shot seemed worthwhile.
while i am at it do you suggest any special spray for electrical parts/ any tips would be gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Don't confuse the 'diverter valve' with the 'servo valve' which is operated by the mains water. But it does sound like the domestic HW heat exchanger is becoming blocked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back