Vaillant e o plus 837 and horseman wireless thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm looking for wiring diagrams in the manual for this boiler but none available. I'm trying to wire up a Horstmann wireless thermostat to a valiant Eco plus 837. Which terminals do I use as ther is 3 diagrams on this particulater thermostat? On the boiler wiring it dosnt correspond to diagrams online. You have a 240v connection which is in plus a live link from the live to the terminal next to it which is one of two, the pair have below it written -240v.
Thanks in advance
Dan

Sponsored Links
Although the stat instructions show three wiring systems, the second and third are identical. The boiler can be wired either for 230V operation (1st diagram) or for volt free (2nd diagram). 230V requires a three core (+ earth) cable; volt free requires a four core (+earth) cable.

Here are the wiring diagrams (click to enlarge the right click to save):

230V

Volt Free

Sponsored Links
Hi D ,
In your diagram I noticed the link from the 240v to one connection of rt has been removed in guessing this is the case as the link is left in the thermostat end?
Thanks
Dan

In your diagram I noticed the link from the 240v to one connection of rt has been removed in guessing this is the case as the link is left in the thermostat end?
1. Are you talking about the 240V version or the volt free version?

2. Which link are you talking about?

Hi it's a link that's in the boiler connections from the live 240v to a terminal right next to it, it reads below the actual pair -230v?
Thanks
Dan

It's not shown in your diagrams and I was asking do I remove it boiler end? It just looks odd a link across from one terminal of 3 to another terminal of a pair. The link on the sender unit explains to be removed if volt free or left in for 240v. I know some vaillant pcbs can differ between models,
Thanks
Dan

You must be looking at an older version of the Installation manual as the link you describe is not shown. Where exactly does it go from/to ( e.g X1 terminal L to X18 terminal L)?

Hi the link goes from the live connection terminal to the rt terminal right next to it. Why is this link there what does it do? If I remove and follow your diagram it should work.

Hi the link goes from the live connection terminal to the rt terminal right next to it. Why is this link there what does it do? If I remove and follow your diagram it should work.
I assume you must be talking about an actual link in the boiler as there is no such link shown in any of the Installation Manual wiring diagrams.

RT is the 230V switched live, so this link will over-ride any time clock and thermostat, meaning the boiler will run continuously.

I would remove the link and wire as shown in my 230V diagram.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back