Vaillant Eco Max boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi good people!

My Vaillant EcoMax gave a funny rattling sound this morning when the centreal heating was turned on. The pressure gauge was at 0. I turned off the system then turned it on again abt an hour later with the temperature turned down. The rattling stopped but the gauge is still at 0. The manual says the system has to be refilled but does not say how.

Please could anyone help? I'm an absolute beginner.

Also, there's no pressure in the central heating rads, and the heat is uneven - hot in the bathroom and cool to cold upstairs.

Sponsored Links
Check the FAQ on this site and your boilers Manufacturers Instructions. Should sort you out

Wow Mr Smyth, that's a very quick reply (and you're in Uzbekistan!)

Thanks a zillion (in these inflationary times). I shall go to FAQ and report back.

Sponsored Links
Under the boiler left side as you look at it.

Remove the plastic cover and look up. You will see 2 very small 'washing machine' type plastic valve heads (black) connected to a small (approx pencil sized siler braided pipe. Open both of these and let pressure rise to just over 1 Bar (about 10 O'clock position, then turn off both valves.

More importantly is to find the cause of the pressure drop.

Some of the eco max's had 2 recessed screwdriver slot's situated in the cold inlet and flow valve bodies. These are viewable with the plastic clip on trim still in place through some factory made holes. Vaillant did supply you with a 'key' for them but it was never really any good, a decent screwdriver was alot better.

HTH Sam

Some of the eco max's had 2 recessed screwdriver slot's situated in the cold inlet and flow valve bodies. These are viewable with the plastic clip on trim still in place through some factory made holes. Vaillant did supply you with a 'key' for them but it was never really any good, a decent screwdriver was alot better.

HTH Sam

that was the turbomaxplus

:LOL:

Your right, my mistake seems like so long ago now.

Glad they moved away from that idea though

Under the boiler left side as you look at it.

Remove the plastic cover and look up. You will see 2 very small 'washing machine' type plastic valve heads (black) connected to a small (approx pencil sized siler braided pipe. Open both of these and let pressure rise to just over 1 Bar (about 10 O'clock position, then turn off both valves.

More importantly is to find the cause of the pressure drop.

:oops: that should have read right side :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back