Vaillant Ecomax 824/2E Diverter Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been reading through posts looking for an answer to my boiler problem, For awhile have had no really hot water so have just been turning the tap down but read a post about a similar problem and one of you guys suggested that with the ch off turn on hot water tap and feel of flow pipes to ch under boiler get hot , this I did and yes they do which would suggest that the diverter valve is sticking my question is can it be unstuck or will it need to be replaced if so can I do my self or would I need to get an engineer.

Debbie (aka gsdgeorge)

Sponsored Links
These plumbers/heating engineers all want to make out that working on boilers is difficult. It isn't. Remember when you were at school the lads who couldn't cope left early and became plumbers.

It always seems ridiculous that anyone is allowed to fix the breaks on their car, but only a "qualified" person can work on gas. I wonder which is more dangerous?

It always seems ridiculous that anyone is allowed to fix the breaks on their car, but only a "qualified" person can work on gas. I wonder which is more dangerous?

I am assuming for this you means the devices used to stop your car, then before you start throwing comment like this around, I suggest you learn how to spell, or are you bitter because the lads who "couldn't cope" are now doing way better than you.

IMHO then a numpty like you working on gas if far more dangerous than someone changing the brakes on their car.

Rico

Sponsored Links
You are right Rico, I shuld learn 2 spell!

Changing the diverter valve doesn't involve gas so unlikely to blow yourself up in any case.

I would suggest that there is a higher proportion of numpties within the plumbing industry than within the overall population.

cold at christmas are you bitter because "plumber numpties" earn more than you, work shorter hours and have cast iron job security? I don't know of a plumber who was ever "coldatchristmas" because they had the knowledge, tools and experience to heat their homes. ****!

A car comes as a pre-made, complete unit from the factory, with every part designed to work with every other part. It also has to be MOT tested every year.
A large portion of each gas installation is built from scratch, only the boiler comes as a unit.

So if you want to buy a ford focus engine, and build the rest of the car yourself, from scratch, and then drive it around without it being checked either at registration or yearly thereafter, then that's just fine. But please don't drive it around in my town because I rather appreciate my friends and family and don't want any of them killed on the roads by an unchecked, unsafe vehicle with a plonker at the wheel. :evil:

us in the heating industry were not numpties on the 22nd of last year when you came knocking for advice :confused:

remember the name, next time you come for advice we will tell you to get stuft/or is that stuffed, after all we are all numpties that can't spell :(

I would suggest that there is a higher proportion of numpties within the plumbing industry than within the overall population.

Umm, is this based on your personal opinion or do you actually have any facts to back this up. If, as I suspect it is the former then I would say that would make you the numpty. what is your profession?

Dangermouse will probably be able to answer it, hopefully cold-at-christmas will stop insulting people and cease encouraging dodgy gas work for a while, so you can get a useful answer.

By the way, I believe you are allowed to change / refurbish a diverter valve yourself, as long as it doesn't involve disturbing gas carrying parts.

Be aware that there are about 2,000,000 people who are unemployed!

Many of those will be the least qualified and some those with problems like behavior, alcohol and drugs use.

There are about 350,000 plumbers ( including gas qualified ). Most probably are working!

One of the first requirements for a job is a GSE in English. I expect the examining board expect those passing to know the difference between breaks and brakes!

I tried to explain that when you ask for a "second opinion" and dont pay for it then you should not expect to get a proper diagnosis whereas if you employed someone at £84 then you would get a professional diagnosis of the problem.

You thought that advice was "not being helpful". I tell you what the situation actually is which I think is being helpful. You seem to be under the illusion that a stream of highly qualified people are going to come and give you free professional advice!

Tony

Agile- Tony

Was the last part of of your reply aimed at me. Because I thought that was the idea of forums to get advice and or help. I am one of those unemployed through redundancy and I was asking so I could save myself a few quid.
Now could somebody with a better attitude please answer my question.

Debbie

No, Debbie. That was solely in reply to the Cold at Christmas person who thinks that calling someone for free fault diagnosis is going to get the same degree of professionalism as someone who is being paid.

If you have the necessary skills then you can change the diverter valve yourself.

A professional would be able to check to confirm that it is indeed the diverter valve being stuck but that is most likely so as a DIY project its not much risk to just replace it.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back