Vaillant Ecomax 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Advice please regarding my boiler. The boiler working a OK but I have noticed when heat or hot water is called for the fan is noisy. Sounds like bearings (gone dry).

Is this an electrical or mechanical problem and an indication for imminent fan failure. Advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I went to one recently that had a bit of copper jammed into the fan and that had worn the bearing housing vcausing it to be noisy.

Its unusual for the fans to fail on your model but of course sometimes something fails prematurely.

Tony

I have an ecomax here that has a noisy fan when it starts after cool down. Been like that for years but still works fine after first 5 to 10 seconds.

Sponsored Links
Hi All

Advice please regarding my boiler. The boiler working a OK but I have noticed when heat or hot water is called for the fan is noisy. Sounds like bearings (gone dry).

Is this an electrical or mechanical problem and an indication for imminent fan failure. Advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Well it certainly won't get quieter if you do nothing.

I would replace it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back