Vaillant ecomax pro 18e condensing boiler

Ecomax Pro is open vented boiler. Pump should be set on full speed with these as they have a known problem of faulting to 'no flow through boiler' with pump on 'normal' speed.

Going back to op I thought F1 was faulty return ntc?

Sponsored Links
Only did this repair job on radiator for family friend, wish hadn't bothered now. Boiler was commisioned under two years ago and has two year guarantee with vaillant. Would a vaillant engineer come out for something seemingly as trivial as being unable to get this boiler ignited?

Vaillant will come out under warranty for any fault with boiler. be warned that if no fault found and fault is other than boiler they can charge call out.

If a genuine fault code then should be no problems. Ecomax pro controls pump from boiler!

I still feel that it could be an air lock in boiler ;)

F1 in manual says "ignition fault (lockout) failure to ignite. comments in next column say about gas flow, supply etc, but i have not turned gas off only turned boiler power off.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for everyones advice, like you say may be airlock in boiler but cannot shift this and looking at boiler there seems to be no drain off or bleeding point anywhere.
:( :confused:

I would call Vaillant out and just report the F1 fault, nothing else ;)

Agile said:
What do you mean by "its secure" ?
Is it safe?

fondue_marathonman_wideweb__430x240.jpg

Bashersmith,

can you confirm positively that the auto air vent cap ( size of your finger or whatever ) really is just LOOSE so that it lets the air out ????????????

Tony

THIS one! Marked Vent Point.

ecomaxvent.gif

Don't let water dribble anywhere naughty.

I was only refering to the auto vent behind the pump!

The OP has said its "not loose" !

Its a bit silly having an air vent point below the pipe!!!

Tony

31st

Good!

If you listen to the pump with a screwdriver does it sound as if there is air being drawn around it?

Although the OP said the boiler was turned off while drained I have to consider that may not have been the case all the time. Does anyone know if there is a manual reset overheat stat in this model?

Tony

you need to take the front case off, on the flow from the heat exchanger is an overheat there is a little red button that you need to pop down,then you will be ok.

Well he has had three hours not to reset it and tell its OK !!!

Perhaps he is so flushed with success that he has forgotten to thank us!

Tony

F1 is ignition lockout if an airlock or over heat situation then F5 will show
as there is no mention of F5 only F1 the boiler normally has 3 attempts at ignition then defaults if you cannot reset boiler sounds like a pcb fault and will be covered on warranty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back