Vaillant EcoTEC Combi Boiler - pressure / water issue ?

As previously said u have either left the right hand tap open if it's showing closed u have broke the knob so undo the screw an remove the grey knob an use a spanner . Or u have turned off the cold water isolator which is adjacent to the rh grey knob , nothin else can cause this problem!

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help - it was as you all suggested. The plastic tap felt secure, however after unscrewing it, it was clear that the plastic had been slipping. A silly quarter turn and everything was back to normal.

This seems to be a really helpful forum, thanks for the effort!

Ta,
Luke

Hi please can someone help me. I don't have a clue about any of this stuff. I think you need to do the water pressure but the taps leaking. If anyone could try and help in very simple terms that would be great. Thankyou in advance. Lil

Sponsored Links
It's the screw which is slightly inset, you can just see it in your bottom picture half way up on the right hand side,it's towards the front of the boiler pretty much underneath the pressure gauge! Search turbomax filling on utube

Thanks a lot Bunnyman, didn't need utube with your description from my photo, stupidly easy once you know how/where, even for me! :D

I have the same problem as Luke had. My wife turned the tap to increase the pressure but did not turn if off.

The next day we had no water out of the hot taps. I have turned the water off drained the heating but when i turn on the water supply the gauge goes straight to red. The display goes between 2.8 and 3 bar. The overflow pipe outside is dripping.

I have taken off the grey tap on the right hand side and it is turned off.

Am i missing something or did she do some damage by not turning the tap off.

Thanks

hi I've read through all the questions and responses but not found the same issue that I have. Basically all was working fine when I bought the house, but after relocating the boiler, to the attic (this may not relate to the problem btw), I found out that when I use the hot water, the pressure drops, shuts the system down and no CH or hot water. There are no signs of any leaks. If the hot water is not used as was the case when the house was a building site, all is fine. Even in the new location the boiler has kept me and a crew of builders nice and warm. It's only now that the family are in that we have connected the shower and hot taps. I can get about 3 mins of a hot shower before having to go up a ladder to the loft - not a pretty site - to top up the pressure and finish off the warm shower. To be clear, this is a Vaillant ecotech 831 combi. I leave the left hand grey knob open which seems to be the only way to get water (hot or cold) to come out of the hot taps, and use the right hand grey knob to add water to the system. There is a silver flexible pipe connecting these two taps. Any ideas?? I'm hoping there is some other valve somewhere that needs opening. We'll be back at the house on Boxing Day for more cold showers so any ideas will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks. I'll be back tomorrow to take a proper look - it wasn't me that plumbed it in btw - but I know enough to swop hot and cold around. If it's not obvious to see, please let me know any pointers and how to check which outlet should be for hot and which for cold. Isn't there just a cold in, a hot out and a CHANCE flow and return plus gas, condense pipe and overflow...?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back