Vaillant Ecotec Plus 624

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please can you advise me - I have had a couple of F75 faults. Heating Engineer fixed the problem by increasing pressure (opening valve?). Having just returned from a holiday I had the same issue (F75 - non ignition...) and therefore opened the valve lever - the pressure went up into the red zone and i was able to re-ignite / power up my boiler - having gone into the red zone, I bled a rad to decrease the pressure.

What pressure level reading should I go for?
In addition there seems to be an issue getting the hot water to heat up quickly now - is this related?

Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
F75 is a well known and documented fault with the Ecotec Plus. Your engineer obviously doesn't know them very well :eek:

It is the flow pressure sensor that is at fault and needs replacing.

It is often caused by the system not being flushed properly (Vaillants official response :eek: ), but is down to faulty sensors.

F75 is actually telling you that the boiler has not detected the 0.2 bar pressure increase when the pump kicks in, so it shuts down.

My local rep carrys box fulls of them to dish out FOC.

Luckily I have only ever had 2 of these prove faulty.

The system pressure should be about 1.2 bar cold.

As for your hot water problem, you will have to list your other system components, in case it is not the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back