Vaillant Ecotec plus 831 won't ignite no error

Sponsored Links
I don't answer irrelevant comments which are not pertinent to the thread or of any help to the OP.

I don't answer irrelevant comments which are not pertinent to the thread or of any help to the OP.
Would you care to explain your post (number 46) in the thread titled "con error"?
You even commented on the irrelevance of your post.
Pompous and arrogance come to mind when reading your posts.

You mean you won't justify your bizarre, ridiculous, or irrelevant posts unless it suites you. When you make a silly statement and are called out on it you like to create some moral High ground hoping the DIYer readership won't realise that it is in fact you that needs to be brought down a peg or two. Like your £340 to supply and fit a soil stack post in the CC. Has that been responded too?

Doubt it.

Last soil stack I fitted cost nearly £3k in materials alone.

Sponsored Links
The two capacitors are the main smoothing caps and I think the originally fitted ones may only have been rated for 85 C. If so not a very wonderful choice of components for a long life.

I take it above quote is pertinent to topic being discussed
I take it you have checked if the information is correct
I take it you have circuit knowledge of that pcb and can speculate component selection?
Tony take control of what you write man, you are posting rubbish. Instead of sounding clever, I assume that is your aim, your groundless posts reflect gross lack of knowledge.
Until you get off your soap box, you will not appreciate you have knowledge gap

A few weeks ago you accused me of not willing to be educated. I thing reverse is the case

If you disagree with my assessment of the purpose of those capacitors then why not be positive and tell us what you think they are for?

Tony if I cannot answer questions I raise in my post, I will not speculate and post wrong information.

I have used the information provided by the OP and the value of the caps to conclude that they are smoothing a 24v supply.

If you dont know any better purpose then why not agree with me?

I have used the information provided by the OP and the value of the caps to conclude that they are smoothing a 24v supply.

If you dont know any better purpose then why not agree with me?

I cannot agree or disagree. I would rather look at the information myself and act accordingly.
As far as I know, you do not have MAIN smoothing capacitors (plural!)
And the capacitor, if main, would be singular ( unless I am missing something, then I will apologise for my lack of knowledge on said part) and be rated at 400volts.

Last time I looked, there was no chunky big transformer on the pcb in said boiler. Just a baby one with multiple outputs. I could not even begin to speculate what each part does on that board let alone start messing with it

Misinformation does no body any favours. It is better to say nothing instead of posting dubious information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back