Vaillant Ecotec Plus - Hot Water Not Working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My hot water has suddenly stopped working. The heating works as usual but the boiler does not ignite if i turn on the hot water. Up until now I have been able to run the hot water independently of the heating with no problems simply using the control panel

There is no no fault code coming up, the pressure in the boiler is fine - just no response at all. I have tried turning off and on again and when I press the i button is shows S.30

I have had my plumber visit very recently to look at an issue with noise early in the mornings coming from the 'mega-flow' system in my loft. This noise only occurs early in the mornings when showering and he changed the pressure reducing valve. The hot water has been fine for several days since then. Maybe the x2 issues are unrelated. For what it's worth the noise has not gone away!

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Probably a zone valve failed.
Put your immersion heater on, on the megaflow and get you plumber back.

S30 is the boiler receiving no demand for heat (to come on), so the fault will be with your external controls or as said above , more likely a zone valve.

Check out the HW valve as this may have been causing the early morning noise.

S30 is the boiler receiving no demand for heat (to come on), so the fault will be with your external controls or as said above , more likely a zone valve.

Check out the HW valve as this may have been causing the early morning noise.

Thanks for this. External controls - Does this mean the honeywell control panel where the timings for heating / hot water can be set. What / where are zone and hot water valves and will my plumber need to replace this if its causing the problem?

Advice is very much appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
External controls = zone valves, thermostats, programmer etc etc.

DHW zone vlave may well be in th vicinity of the megaflo.

External controls = zone valves, thermostats, programmer etc etc.

DHW zone vlave may well be in th vicinity of the megaflo.

Thanks for the help. I will get my plumber back in to have a look.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back