Vaillant Ecotec vibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
People,

I have a 3 year old Vaillant Ecotec boiler which I am sure is now out of warranty. I do not have the model number to hand.

It is making a vibrating noise (not really a knocking, more of a vibration) that seems to come from and relate to the fan area. Almost as if it is out of balance by a wasp being stuck to it!

I am certainly no boiler expert and would like to know if the fan assembly on Ecotec’s are a weak point, whether my suggestion of a wasp on it is reasonable and a rough indicative price of a replacement fan assembly.

Cheers

Need Help21

Sponsored Links
Does it make this noise all the time it is on, or just when it is flat out eg when a hot tap is run?

That type of fan would normally never make much noise.

The pump on the other hand often does, usually from worn bearings or dirt lodged in the eye of the impeller.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think Dave is thinking about the heat exchanger, and I would be thinking down the same lines. Possibly full of sh1te.

People,

Thanks for your responses on the above.

Upon switch on tonight I noted a trickle of water out from the underside of the boiler. Soon afterwards I got a fault code 22 appear which is a pressure loss (mine is a 2 bar system).

Surely these this must be interrelated. The noise appears to be "bearingish" and also I now have a loss of water. Can anyone advise if in a failure condition such as those described by the people above whether or not the pump itself can leak????

Cheers

Need Help21

Your boiler should be operated at about 1.0-1.5 Bar.

If you have been over pressurising it then thats encouraging a fault.

The advice would be to turn off the power and call a professional to see whats wrong before leaking water does a lot of damage.

I suppose it was not installed by a professional otherwise you would have been calling him.

I still expect its a faulty pump spoilt because the installer did not clean the system!

Tell us what transpires!

Tony

Tony

Thanks for your help.

It was fitted by an authorised Vaillant engineer who is due out today.

I do have a Fernox boiler buddy which looks dirty so maybe there is debris in the system causing damage / vibration to the pump etc.

Cheers

Need Help21

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back