Vaillant ecotech plus 831 r1 no hot water

I went into the diagnostics menu and got down to d.36 which is the hot water flow sensor which was indicating 0l/min when the hot water tap was open. I took the flow sensor out to check the turbine was still free to spin. The flow sensor looked fine. I then used a multimeter to check the cables for continuity. 2 cables were fine but the red cable had no continuity. A contact in the flow sensor connector was corroded. I have temporarily cut the connector off and soldered the wires directly to the flow sensor. This has got the boiler working again I have purchased a new flow sensor and wiring harness which I will install at a later date.

Sponsored Links
Well all very clever.

But don't you realise that you have opened the boiler cover which forms the room sealing aspect which makes it normally safe.

The correct thing for you to do is to get a gas registered engineer to come and check its safety after your work.

Tony

so why was you asking in the first place ??????

EDIT and what agile has said

I'm not a boiler engineer. I didn't know what was wrong and I was asking to get an idea of what was wrong before I started taking it apart.

Sponsored Links
no one told you what was wrong , so you must of had an idea of what was wrong ,what do you do a living ?

It was a process of elimination. It took me a week but I figured out what was wrong eventually.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back