Vaillant goes 'bump' in the night!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler is a Vaillant Turbomax 824 installed in the garage and therefore subject to low temperatures.

The boiler is quite close to our bedroom, so we can hear it fire up. On a cold night we occasionally hear the boiler fire up and within a few seconds theres a sort of 'bang' and rattling of pipes and it shuts down again.

I'm guessing its the internal frost protection and I installed a remote temperture sensor in the garage to see what the temp was. This morning the temp was reading 4C when the boiler fired up, so it certainly wasn't at freezing point.

There are no fault codes registered other than some which have been there a long time so the boiler is not detecting any fault.

This morning it woke us up with the usual bang at 5am. Out of curiosity I got out of bed and turned up the house thermostat. The boiler fired up normally and stayed on.

I suppose I should call in the experts, but unless i get them to sit in the garage all night, how are they going to diagnose the problem :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back