Vaillant hot water issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Turbomax 242E which has had problems in the past-last time i had no hot water i removed the bottom of the diverter valve and found some grit like substance blocking the venturi-removed & all was fine. However the same thing happened this morning-i removed the diverter valve bottom section expecting to see some debris again but nothing. I have a repair kit which has a diaphram but this has made no differcne. I can see the white lever that is supposed to move when a hot tap is opened but nothing happens. Am i looking at a new diverter valve or anyhthing else to look at? Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
The white arm can snap on those diverter valves.

If you have the diverter service kit then that should be in kit.

yep-the arm had snapped! No arm in the kit i had and then the pipe to the pressure valve broke off-arrrhgghh. Called British Gas(mistake??!) and for £156 they will fit a new diverter valve & pressure valve, seems fine to me as parts were that much alone when i checked. Why do i have a nastly feeling it will be more than £156!!..........

Mr British Gas came out-fitted new diverter valve, pressure gauge & air vent valve on the pump(it started leaking water when he refilled it) parts alone he reckoned £180 so all in all very happy with their service!!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back