vaillant intermitant hot water/no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all

problem is on a vaillant gb 242 eh hot water works ch comes on for about
ten seconds then goes off temp rises very fast and pump gets very hot
diverter valve seams to work going out for hot water comes in for ch have set micro switches and servo valve as service manual states have also changed diapram in diverter any advice would be very much apprecated thanks

Sponsored Links
stumpy, I agree with fitz1...

Sounds like divertor valve, BUT, as you have already changed the diaphragm, suggest new plumber.

check for valves not shut on flow /return, i know it sounds basic but it happened to me :oops:

Sponsored Links
sorry i am corgi and should have explained but can you please enlighten me as the servo valve and diverter have nothing to do with gas, The operator is working correctly servo valve set correctly diverter is set correctly, As for diy gas yes it is illegal.. but if thats the only advice you have please keep it and as for this make of vaillant it is verycomplex so any real advice is welcome

Hi Stumpy

When heating is called for does the diverter valve move to the left (inwards) and make the top microswitch successfully?

Bunny

sorry i am corgi and should have explained but can you please enlighten me as the servo valve and diverter have nothing to do with gas, The operator is working correctly servo valve set correctly diverter is set correctly, As for diy gas yes it is illegal.. but if thats the only advice you have please keep it and as for this make of vaillant it is verycomplex so any real advice is welcome

bit arrogant ??

sorry if i offended anyone i am just a little bit pi**ed off with this boiler
i wouldnt normally bother with this perticular model as im sure you all
know the diagnostics and remedys point to one thing and then another and so on ********* the only reason i am looking at it because its a relative whos getting on in years and wont spend money on a new boiler
sorry for getting off the subject,And yes the diverter is closeing both microswitchs to the left,thankyou for taking time to reply

I may be wrong but it sounds like the disc in the diverter valve (plastic) has been damaged by the push rod.

Its a rare one, but you can confirm it by starting the boiler in heating from cold then feeling the return from the domestic heat exchanger. It should be only cold/tepid.

If it gets hot then the DV disc is split. Replace the disc or if you are not too keen on that its easier to replace the DV complete.

Bunny

hi bunny that was not the problem i tending to lean towards the flame supervison pcb thanks for your imput i will keep you posted

how you come to that conclusion??? you say the hot water works, but the ch doesn't circulate?? its not going to be the board.
I would be checking to see you've got full travel on the servo valve, it might not be going back all the way to heating position, this would cause your fault. You can push it down manually on the right hand side when heating is called for and see if that works.

Hi to all

have also changed diapram in diverter any advice would be very much apprecated thanks

Can you tell me if that "diapram" had a hole in the middle or not?

I need to know to answer another posting on this forum and obviously you will remember having so recently changed one!

Tony

Tony

Diaphragm for VCW 240/280/221/242/282 Diverter valve has no hole.

Part No. 010337

Cheers Bunny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back