Vaillant Service

D

daneski88

I had a new combi installed a bit under a year ago and have received a reminder from Vaillant regarding the need for it's annual service in order that the second year's warranty kicks into place.

If I pay by direct debit then this will cost me less than £100. A local independent who is registered on the gassafe site and also as a recommended vaillant engineer wants to charge me £120.

What is the advantage of using the independent over the one offered by Vaillant - homeserve?

In case you are wondering why I don't use the installer, he has since retired.

Sponsored Links
A friend has a Vaillant and uses their Homeserve - It`s good service :idea: . Independants vary between good and not so good - just read how they bicker on here :rolleyes: ;) . Never have or will be Gas Registered or touch gas myself ;)

Thanks for that NigeF. Are there any gas professionals who could shed some light on this? I don't mind paying the extra if I am going to get a better service but the way I see it is that it's a checklist service anyway which has to be done whether it's by an independent or a homeserve operative.

Get the independent guy, probably a small business and might need some work but dont know if he has to be Vaillant associated to fulfill the warranty requirements though sorry

Sponsored Links
I think Homeserve outsources repair work, so you are not guaranteed top notch service each time you call.

I thought this was a discussion forum, therefore heated discussions would be the DIYnot backbone.

just a tad expensive

have you not already paid for the service with Homeserve?

Thanks for all the replies. I have verbally signed up with homeserve, but as with all these things there is a cooling off period - no pun intended.

We charge £68+Vat for a Gas Combi Service, this is about average although I daresay some muppet will come on hear telling you he will do it for £30 !! (you do get what you pay for!!).
As long as the Service section on the Benchmark Book is fully filled in, then there should be No Warranty problem, just make sure the engineer has Gas safe card and Domestic Boilers on the back!. ;)

We charge £68+Vat for a Gas Combi Service, this is about average although I daresay some muppet will come on hear telling you he will do it for £30 !! (you do get what you pay for!!).
As long as the Service section on the Benchmark Book is fully filled in, then there should be No Warranty problem, just make sure the engineer has Gas safe card and Domestic Boilers on the back!. ;)

does that include replacement of the burner door seals on the vaillants/glowworms?

The independent I saw at a garage I was at - so I thought "no time like the present". I told hom what I needed and he quoted £120.

I checked his credentials and he is gassafe and the nearest one to where I live who is on the vaillant recommended site (he also had the vaillant sticker or his van). So no doubt that he is the real McCoy.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is the one used by homeserve, which means that his over-pricing policy means that he will be paid subcontracting rates. Ah well, if it turn out that way, it's his own fault.

I wonder if he saw me, a man in a suit, and thought he'd try to fleece me :rolleyes:

Nah- he checked out the car you was driving ;)

NigeF. If he used the car I was driving as a sign of my affluence, then he would have given me the service for nothing :LOL:

Approved agent price varies about £80+ vat is the goin rate round here homeserve r parasites first year year cheap an then once they got u on direct debit it goes through the roof after 5 years an u never get the same bloke twice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back