Vaillant Torbomax solenoid not being energized

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a Vaillant Turbomax 242E pilot solanoid is not being energized. All other functions seem to be working fine. I.E. fan ignition etc. The ignition sequence goes all the way and sparks at electrodes but the solenoid does not energise. I have changed the solenoid and changed the main board. Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There are 2 solenoids on this gas valve the one I have replaced is the lower one part no VAI17-0365. When the solonoid is removed it is possible to manually operate the gas valve which seems to be woking fine. unfortunatly there is not a flame suppervision board on this model.

There are 2 solenoids on this gas valve the one I have replaced is the lower one part no VAI17-0365. When the solonoid is removed it is possible to manually operate the gas valve which seems to be woking fine. unfortunatly there is not a flame suppervision board on this model.

What will the effect be if the overheat has tripped?

Tony

I am a retired gas engineer (corgi 25474) working on my own boiler,how ever I have not encountered this problem before. Any more relevant thoughts would be appreciated. I have E mailed Valliant but to date have not received a reply.

They will not reply, the never do afaik; the worst aftersales in the country.

which board did you replace? what voltage at the solenoid? Is it locking out? Is there any noticable change in inlet wp during sparking... not sure if this is suitable conversation for open forum....but hey ho..

Hi
I changed the main board not the switch board. Voltage at solenoid is 14 D.C no change in working pressure at ignition. Voltage is listed in service instructions as 20 D.C This could be the problem I do not know what could cause the loss of voltage.

tricky one then :confused: Whats going on with the other solenoid? I'm assuming you changed the magneto ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back