Vaillant Total System Solution - inconsistent heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've just had installation of the Vaillant Total System Solution consisting of the followng components:

* Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 637 Boiler
* Vaillant uniSTOR 310 Cyclinder
* VR 65 Control Centre
* VRC 430 Digital Weather Compensator
* Blue Pipe 25mm
* New Radiators
* New Copper Piping

The water heating system works fine; however, the central heating system doesn't.

The central heating seems to cycle irregularly. Just as the radiators begin to heat up, they switch-off before starting up again. The boiler seems to be cycling the heating on and off in a loop. This cycle happans continuously. Furthermore, the bottom part of the raditors (upstairs and downstairs) don't heat up fully.

I've been through the manuals and played about with the controls but can't seem to get the heating on continuously. In true rogue trader fashion, the installer has run off.

Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is and how to resolve it ?

Thank you,
Steve.

Sponsored Links
do you get any codes flash up on the boiler?

I am sure that Hepworth have had issues with the return thermister on these.

Try calling them?

how many radiators have u got? have you rang the installer to say your having problems?

What efforts have you made to contact the installer?

Have you turned both the control knobs on the boiler to 100%
eg> 5 o'clock?

Is the VRC430 showing the correct outside temperature and what response coefficient has been set for the weather compensation?

Sponsored Links
Agree with all of above. You do not really give us much to work on.

Wht have you not said that a VR10 was fitted to the Unistor. Did you have one fitted?

Not going to cause your problem, but would suggest that the installer doesn't fully understand what he has fitted or knows how to set it up :confused:

Agree with all of above. You do not really give us much to work on.

Wht have you not said that a VR10 was fitted to the Unistor. Did you have one fitted?

Not going to cause your problem, but would suggest that the installer doesn't fully understand what he has fitted or knows how to set it up :confused:

I totally agree. What you have is a very high spec system but it needs to be set up/commissioned correctly.

Thank you for the responses and suggestions; I'm in the process of chasing the installer.

* No, there are no codes flashing on the boiler; all seems fine.
* 10 Radiators throughout the house.
* Yes, tried both control knobs on the boiler to 100% (water and heating).
* Yes, VRC430 showing the correct outside temperature.
* VR 65 Control Centre is setup between the boiler and uniSTOR cyclinder 'ebus'.

So what is the weather compensation response curve set to?

Good point Simon, especially as I presume the factory setting of 1.2 is supplied on the 430 as it is the 400?

37kw boiler fitted to a 10 rad system with cylinder? Unless these are 10 VERY large rads I'd say the boiler is oversized somewhat and needs range rating!

Possibly, but that doesn't sound like a contributory factor to the problem here.

The central heating seems to cycle irregularly. Just as the radiators begin to heat up, they switch-off before starting up again. The boiler seems to be cycling the heating on and off in a loop. This cycle happans continuously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back