Vaillant Turbomax 824 e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have the above boiler which was fitted 7 yrs ago. Last Christmas I had to replace the diverter valve.
This year I am getting HW downstairs but the temperature fluctuates when using anything upstairs. I have CH up and down working fine.

I have change the diverter valve. still same problem. Cleaned the heat exchanger and descaled it and also descaled the cartridges in the Shower.

Still same problem exists. Please can anybody share some light on this as I dont know what to do next....spoke to vaillant tech help and told me before doing any of the above that you have a sludge or blockage in the system. Checked and no problem. The pressure is fine and the flow of water is also fine.

Sponsored Links
You say that you have changed the diverter valve twice! I wonder why you changed a second time?

It sounds to me as if you have faulty thermostatic showers but dont know how to diagnose their fault.

Rather than vague upstanrs and downstairs can you measure the temperature of your hot water in a BASIN as I doubt that it really fluctuates!

Also close the DHW in valve at the boiler and see if any water comes out of ANY of the hot taps in the property.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I have descaled the thermostatic in the shower but am also getting the same problem in the bath tub and wash basin. Thats the reason why I eliminated the shower . The reason why I changed the diverter valve as I was advice by various plumbers as this is the common problem.
You say that you have changed the diverter valve twice! I wonder why you changed a second time?

It sounds to me as if you have faulty thermostatic showers but dont know how to diagnose their fault.

Rather than vague upstanrs and downstairs can you measure the temperature of your hot water in a BASIN as I doubt that it really fluctuates!

Also close the DHW in valve at the boiler and see if any water comes out of ANY of the hot taps in the property.

Tony

If you have done the last two lines of what I asked then you have not advised me of the result!

Tony

Sponsored Links
zuber416";p="1089098 said:
Hi

This year I am getting HW downstairs but the temperature fluctuates when using anything upstairs. I have CH up and down working fine.
quote]

You say that the temp of water downstairs fluctuates when using anything upstairs the boiler will only deliver a flow rate of hot water of 9/lt per minuite so if you have a tap upstairs and flowing at 9/lt per minuite and the same downstairs the temp will fluctuate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back