Vaillant Turbomax "bang Sound" & "Loosing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Previous owners had a Vaillant Turbomax installed last 3 yrs back and we have moved in a month back. The boiler everytime when en a central heating is on and we switch hot water, it makes a loud bang in the boiler; also pressure drops every week. I have checked for the leaks etc... but seems to be fine. Can someone please help.

Many Thakns

B

Sponsored Links
HI

1.pressure drop = leak somewhere
2.loud bang/banging noise = gas valve fault,combustion cover loose,scale build up inside the boiler,faulty pump

HI LUNAT

Thank you for your help. I have checked for the leaks etc... none found. Someone suggested me that the air in the red cylinder inside the boiler might be leaking and hence more air needs to be pumped and a service engineer needs to be called in????

check the saftey relief pipe which should go from the boiler outside
is not dripping when on. This would signify the expansion tank is faulty and saftey valve is passing

check pressure after you have filled to 1.5 when the boiler is operating, this will rise to 3 if expansion tank is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for ur help. There is no water dripping out of the relief pipe and when the CH is on the pressure rises to 2 and stops. when pressure goes down a bit, it starts again and the cycle continues till i switch the heating off.

check the saftey relief pipe which should go from the boiler outside
is not dripping when on. This would signify the expansion tank is faulty and saftey valve is passing

check pressure after you have filled to 1.5 when the boiler is operating, this will rise to 3 if expansion tank is faulty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back