Vaillant TurboMax - no heat, no water status s.33

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
first post, so please excuse poor etiquette. I have a Vaillant TurboMax Plus (I think this is the right designation), which has been working fine for the last three weeks (which is when we moved in), but I woke up this morning to no heat and no hot water. There don't appear to be any error lights on anywhere, when I turn the hot tap on the green LED flashes as normal, but fails to stay constantly on.
Pressing the i button results in status S.33 which (having downloaded the install manual as the operator's one doesn't cover this) I understand means "check air/flue system".
Before I get into calling out an engineer, can anyone shed any light on what this all means?

Many thanks,
RichardP

Sponsored Links
It means that the ignition sequence has failed to get past the fan and air proving stage, or at least thats what the boiler things is wrong!

These types of problem are usually CORGI engineer territory.

You could try disconnecting the power for a few minutes and trying again a few minutes later.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Guys,
thanks for your responses and kind help with this. In the end I managed to dismantle the covers to get to the fan (which was working fine) and the rubber tubes that lead to the air pressure switch and essentially "trick" the boiler into working again: I think the switch is sticking as opposed to broken, but the effect is the same. Not the cleanest of jobs, but at least I got the hot water and heating back!
Corgi engineer on course for tomorrow for a service and a replament switch in case it is needed.
Rgds,
RichP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back