Vaillant VCW 240 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant VCW 240 Combi. recently (well since it started getting cold outside ;) ) i've noticed that the heating system fires up when the timer tells it to, then after a while it just turns off, in as much as the pump is still whirring away and the heating system is still on but refuses to turn on the gas burners to heat the water for the heating system. Radiators go cold and the pump keeps whirring and no heat :(

Even if I turn the heat setting on the boiler up to 9 it doesn't kick in. Then just as i get the third blanket on top of me ..... whoosh it kicks in after about 3 - 4 hours :eek:

Checked the timer and it's settings and i don't think it's that. I'm kind of guessing it is something to do with a heating sensor but which one and is it replaceable ?

Anyone help please

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back