Vaillant VCW 242 EH DHW problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant combi does not give any hot water, I have changed the diverter valve and it seems stuck in the CH position ie both microswitches made, it only changes over when open the PRV and drain off.

I have removed and cleaned all the capilliaries, is the next step to change the servo valve - which is operating when hot water is drawn but is not making the diverter valve change over

Sponsored Links
servo valve / hot water he scaled / pin in water section sticking

DONT USE THE PRV AS A DRAIN :idea:

and i think you wasted your brass changing the diverter fwiw

DVs hardly ever fail on these, nice waste of money. Need to check operation of water valve, servo etc and capillary tubes are free from blockages. pump operation. All before suspecting the DV, then if you think its the DV go back and check again cos your probably wrong ;)
tbh your probably out of your depth, i know plenty of gas operatives who would struggle with this boiler.

I agree with Micky diverters never fail on the vcws ..open hot tap if the arm on the servo lifts right open an makes the red micro switch check the pump then runs an if ur sure you cleaned all the capillaries then change the servo 012646

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back