Vaillant VCW Sine 18 T3W noise after water diaphragm change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a problem with hot water running cold recently, which has happened before. Last time I renewed the water section diaphragm which resolved the problem with no further issues. This time it turned out to be a only a dry, stuck needle so I lubed it up and changed out the diaphragm anyway. Again, this resolved the hot water problem, but now when running hot water I get a periodic rattle within the boiler pipework (the noise reminds me of a bouncing relief valve rather than water hammer).

As far as I can see the system is self purging - with the possible exception of the capillary tube to the expansion vessel. The only other less than perfect items spotted during this exercise (making it different from the previous time) were a disintegrated inlet filter and a broken up underside spring seat which I replaced with a home made plastic washer to prevent the spring wearing a hole through the diaphragm.

I intend replacing the boiler in 2010 but in the meantime would like to get rid of the rattle. Anyone any ideas please??

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back