Vaillant VP5-ZE Combi Boiler CH Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hot water is running fine but CH is not working at all. First day in cold weather snap i turned on CH and all was fine but lasted 2 days and now it will not work at all. When i try to turn on CH the boiler makes a noise as if it wants to work (this is usual even when it works) but does not fire up. Any ideas would be really appreciated !!

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a Vaillant VCW 242/282 (the number you quote is I think the pump designation). I'm sure I've answered this one before, as have others, so do a search. Basically you need an engineer who understands the hydraulic system on this particular boiler.

ok thanks chris but i have gone through the forum and have found nothing thats relavant.

Sponsored Links
cheers chris - i had seen that post and hadnt realised it was you that replied with that solution. I guess an engineer is what i need then. any ideas to the costs?

Since you're in London, you might be able to get Agile (Tony) out. He is very good and I think his charges are very reasonable for London. He posts on this forum so you should be able to find his profile and his email. If not email me (my profile) and I will send his email back to you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back