Vaillant VRT 360f - nightmare!!! Please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. We have a Vaillant VRT 360f controller connecting to our bolier. What a nightmare this controller is!!! Talk about needing a degree in technology doesn't even come close.

I work as an IT consultant so I am normally quite comfortable when dealing with any technical but this has me beaten. It seems ridiculously complex even for the most simple of tasks.

All I want to do is time the system to come on at a set time in the morning. How simple is that?

Initially I used the programme function, switched the CH off but this doesn't work.

I read that you can't switch the heating off if you want the timer system to work and that lowering the thermostat so low that the CH 'switches off' and will come on as timed - this doesn't work (presumably the temp stops the CH from coming on of a morning)

So now I am thinking I have to set the whole system to time slots to come on and off which is really unsuitable for the way we want to work it as we will always need to change it.

Can someone explain in simple English the best way to work this controller? Thanks very much

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back