Vaillant vuw gb 242 e flame out ignigtion problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boiler will never light from cold going straight to flame out after this it will randomly flame out but each time the reset button is used the boiler lights straight away.

I have notice that each time the spark igniter fails to click and gas valve does not open?

The gas engineer has replaced the cct brd pcb a air pressure switch and the gas valve all to no effect can any suggest what he can do as he is struggling with this (british gas eng)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That sounds like a typical case of BG just blindly changing parts!

For safety reasons I cannot give you detailed information as that kind of repair needs a registered engineer.

However you should ask him to give attention to the fan area!

At least it is a fixed price repair for you when the nupty just changes so many parts.

Tony

Thanks i will try and suggest this it does feel like we are slowly getting the whole boiler changed!!! but its frustrating have the fault for three weeks now!

Sponsored Links
If they leave the new parts in the boiler then at least you have many parts replaced at no extra cost.

Unfortunately, BG now employ a lot of parts changers!

Independents cannot afford to do that. If I ever fitted a part that was not required then I would never charge for it but would replace the old one. I only charge for what is actually needed to fix the fault.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back