Vaillant...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was asked a question the other day and it got me thinking,so i'll ask you the same question.what do you think of Vaillant the company and have you had a bad experience dealing with them?,it threw me as we do a lot of buissness with Vaillant but he had obviously had a problem himself.

Sponsored Links
vaillant the boiler company , well some in the CC who have dealt with them are not too impressed with there after sales's from an installer point of view , tech lines ect , but they seem to have a good reputation in the eyes of joe public any way !

personally I have very little time for any boiler manufacturer , pick the best of a bad bunch & hope you get it right (may be?)

As per Transam, really, I used to fit them exclusively.

But, although the product is well enough designed/engineered/straightforward to fit/commission, the local rep(s)seem to me have been conspicuous by their absence (OK, so I only fit say, a dozen year - so not a major installer then.....).

Also, the techhelp desk service is intermittent, and given that 'I' sell the product to my customers, I am not keen on the way that Vaillant/Homeserve then latch onto 'my' customers and bombard them with insurance/boiler service contracts which effectively cut me out of the deal.

so, rant over, the product is fine, follow the MI's to the letter, thoroughly clean and treat the system water as if you want to drink it and the customer gets an appliance they deserve - after all, it ain't the cheapest on the market.....

DH

Sponsored Links
good boiler
bad aftersales
seems to sum it up for me

I think sums it up for all boiler manufacturers, apart from the good boiler bit...they make stuff that fails, so another boiler needs to be fitted.

How is it that people that have had boilers for 20+ years, and had no issues, now the Government tells them to replace them, but the new boiler fails immediately?

Isn't a boiler that works for 20 years, more efficient than a boiler that works for a year then fails, and needs another boiler installing? New boilers always have parts that are expensive, or hard to replace, a 20 year old boiler, is easy to repair, or requires no repair. Do the math.

Back