Vailliant Boilers?? Advice needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there any real difference between the
ecoTEC plus 837 - 12.0 - 28.0kW
and ecoMAX 835E - 10.5 - 27.0kW

The boiler is for a 2 bedroom/1 bathroom flat.
I'm a novice to all this and any insight would be most grateful!
Not sure which one to pick.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The ecomax is now discontinued model so all that are available are whats 'left on the shelf'.

Ecotec plus is a very good boiler, in fact all that I fit these days. The heat exchanger is not quite up to the ecomax standard, but overall boiler size is physically smaller.

Unless you have baths all the time and your incoming cold mains pressure is very good you probably wouldn't benefit from the 837. If you have mainly showers then I would recommend the Ecotec Plus 831. Both will be more than adequate for c/h but this will be set pon commissioning to match your required needs.

831 is about 3 inches less off the wall. 837 will need larger gas supply pipe work to work properly.

As you will guess I am a Vaillant installer so 'unfortunately' I am a bit biased towards them:cool:

Sponsored Links
gas4you said:
The ecomax is now discontinued model so all that are available are whats 'left on the shelf'.

Ecotec plus is a very good boiler, in fact all that I fit these days. The heat exchanger is not quite up to the ecomax standard, but overall boiler size is physically smaller.

Unless you have baths all the time and your incoming cold mains pressure is very good you probably wouldn't benefit from the 837. If you have mainly showers then I would recommend the Ecotec Plus 831. Both will be more than adequate for c/h but this will be set pon commissioning to match your required needs.

831 is about 3 inches less off the wall. 837 will need larger gas supply pipe work to work properly.

As you will guess I am a Vaillant installer so 'unfortunately' I am a bit biased towards them:cool:

Hi "gas4you" You are very good my man. You know your stuff. Seems you know vaillant inside out.

Thanks basecoat, but only the latest range of Vaillants etc. I,m not much good on the older models. Before my time :LOL:

HI thanks for your help.
One more question on Valliant - what do you think about the wireless thermostat VRT340F worth getting??

Depends which boiler you want. If its the Ecotec Plus range you will need the VRT360RF.

I am currently installing all my Ecotec plus combi's with the VRC400 weather compensator/programmer/room thermostat and trv's on all rads. (Ecotecs have built in bypass) This plugs into front of boiler and sets room temp via pre selected heating curve programmed in the controller and the outside air temp. No need for rf room stat. This also complies with all latest regs and boiler interlock requirements.

Unlike old Vaillant controls these are easy to set up, although I now tend to set up vaillant boilers & controls etc from my laptop:cool:

I can also supply at ridiculously good prices if you are purchasing your self. Contact me via my email link ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back