valiant ecotec plus 428 and controlling via tablet/phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has a Valiant ecotec 428 boiler and has informed me that she believes that it can be controlled via a tablet/phone with additional bits.

I believe the exisiting controller can be replaced with a wireless controller (part VRT 350F)

This includes a wireless thermostat but i cannot see how a tablet or pho ne can control.

Friend states that they have seen this happen so what is needed to to be able to control via tablet/phone.

Hope this makes sense!!!

Thanks in advance

Steve

Sponsored Links
But the Hive is only a room thermostat and gives just an on/off signal?

Just like the nest and Cosy etc.

Tony

Sponsored Links
On/Off is all you're going to get with a 4 series bunny and internet control.

Pretty sure Vaillant don't have proprietary web based controls here yet that will enable modulate heating.

We've fitted 6 series Vaillants over the past three years with Evohome and VRC 4 series weather compensation. This is using Evo without the HW control invoked.

However the 4 series is more basic and I reckon you would nobble the HW by interrupting the boiler with an Evo relay.

The 4 series is a cheaply made boiler, a Glowworm wearing flashier clothes.

But surely, if you have weather compensation on your boiler then you can still enable/disable it with an on/off WiFi thermostat.

So the OP's friend can still control their heating regardless of what control system it has.

As a registered installer for Nests and Cosys I should be extolling their virtues!

Tony

Tony, why shut off a compensated system off on a whim?

If you are going to shut it down, much better to do so via the optimisation routines.

This is why Internet control is pointless. People will interfere and screw things up, then complain it doesn't work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back