Valley leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I had a tile (approx 6" square red tiles) slip on the edge of a valley, which seems to have exposed a problem. The tiles appear to be laid on felt, on top of sarking, and the valley seems to be lead. As far as I can tell from a distance and from the inside, the felt doesnt reach the edge of the lead and the tiles were the only thing preventing rain blowing up under the felt edge.

I've had a ladder up there to have a look about but I'm not about to get on the roof myself just yet (we'll see what the quotes are like!) but I was looking for a bit of advice with respect to pricing/difficulty for the repair. I need to get it done asap as the wood is getting wet in this current weather (in normal rain it's just a slight drip from one spot, but now it's spreading sideways). The valley is only about 5ft long

What would be the correct repair here and how much should I expect to be paying? And can anyone recommend someone in the North of Glasgow area who will do a decent job for a decent price?! I've called about 5 local roofers and either got "I'll call you back" and never do, or dead phone lines/answering machines and never get any contact.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Get up there and take a few pics for us, and I can see how extensive the repairs are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back