Valliant Bolier pressure to high at over 3!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have just turned my heating on after the summer and realised that the water pressure it at 3.0 - I have no idea how long it has been like this as I haven't needed to look at it! I have bled the radiators to try the release the pressure but there is no air in the system...
Any ideas what might be wrong or what I should do???
Any advice much appreciated!
Thanks
Becs

Sponsored Links
turn off boiler

turn off filling loop

vent a radiator of water into a pint glass then into a bucket

keep doing until pressure at 1.5 bar

turn on boiler and watch to see if pressure rises

post back with results

The filling loop could be passing, the expansion vessel could be flat/faulty, plate heat exchanger could be passing are some of the scenarios. Which vaillant is it as many have drain points that you could release the pressure from or vent water NOT air from the rads but that'll take dome time
don't use the pressure relief as 90% of the time they will leak afterwards

Sponsored Links
I dont know the make and I can't find the booklet - it is certainly more than 2 years old. How do I know where the filling loop is?
thanks very much
B

No unfortunately that was my boyfriends boiler - otherwise that would have been a good idea! Any idea where I could go to identify it?
B

your boiler could have an in built filling loop but with no details its hard to say

is there a silver braided hose going from 1 pipe to another pipe under boiler

I can't see the filling loop - would it be under the boiler and the grate?

Thanks
B

Your boiler has an integeral filling loop. look under the boiler you will see 2 black isolation valves,these are for repreasurising the heating system ;)

I think I can see them - would I be able to access them through the grate? it looks like there is a hole to allow access.
What do i do with them? Do I need to turn them and then I can drain the radiator to release the pressure?
Many thanks for all your help
B

wow thanks I think I have done it! Although it looks like the pressure might be creeping up again but will keep an eye on it. I assume that if it does then there is something else wrong with the boiler
Thank you everyone for all your help
B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back