valliant combi has pmt.

H

harrypotter

my valliant combo boiler vuw turbomaxplus 824 goes to start in heat and hot water, pump and fan run ,sparks then off ,sparks then off ,does this for a minute then whoossh she fires into life.
my plumber who serviced her last sept doesn't know how to fix combis,how can he service them? what did he look at for servicing ,i paid him £55 for him to tell me now he hasn't a clue with my boiler.

Sponsored Links
Neither have I ...but I`ll only charge you £25.00 I`ll send you the bill, have a cold day :)

Hi,

Have you got a copy of the manufacturers' servicing instructions?

My Worcester 240RSF one is superb with a load of fault-finding charts in the back. I've never had to resort to calling in an engineer in over 10 years :D

Nick.

The air pressure switches on these valiants are pretty suspect.

Sponsored Links
i do have the servive book but it talks about codes.the thing is the boiler isn't showing a code.
thanks Harry.

nige f so your a rip off plumber then. stick to mugging old ladies bully boy

If you are the real Harry Potter then why do you need us? We are heating engineers, you are the magician not the other way round. Only joking please do n't turn me in to a frog! Good luck with your enquiries, sorry cannot help you but only deal with Worcester -Bosch.

is it the one that gives diagnostic codes?, check the instructions then go into diagnostic mode and find the code which demonstrates the staus of the air pressure switch, it will tell you if it's open or closed or switching between the two.

harrypotter said:
ollski thanks for your advice do i look at s or d codes? :eek: :eek:

I don't have the instructions but is it the one with green dials and does the instructions say it has self diagnostics?

pottyharry said:
i do have the service book
If you have the service manual you only have to read it to work out how to access diagnostic codes (d codes - surprise, surprise).

The boiler must be the Turbomax Plus 824, not the earlier Turbomax with green knobs, which has designation 242. You should be able to download 824 instructions from Vaillant site.

chrisnut are you a plumber/heating tec, i have read your views , you have nice manners.,?
it has green dials with a lcd display as i have said it shows no f codes.

From the instructions:

10.6 Diagnostic Modes
In order to assist with the pinpointing of a particular
fault it is possible to use the boiler display in a
diagnostic mode to interrogate the boiler about the
status of certain components.
• Press the “i“ and “+“ buttons below the display
simultaneously. The display will now show “d.00“.
• Use “+“ or “-“ buttons to scroll up or down to the
desired diagnosic number.
• Press “i“ button to display the corresponding
diagnosic information.
• If necessary, you can now alter the value by pressing
“+“ or “-“ buttons. (When altering values display will
flash). Press and hold the "i” button to save the value
to memory, when the value is saved the display will
stop flashing.
Diagnosic mode is cancelled as follows:
• Press the “i“ and “+“ buttons simultaneously
or
• Do not press any key for approximately four minutes.
The display will now revert back to showing the
current flow temperature.

Check across d.24 and see if the display changes from 1 to 0 as the fault occurs.

Nick the dentist, if you really are a dentist why dont you reply to some of the queries on the ask the dentist type of forums like boiler engineers do here?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back