Valliant Ecomax 828E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my boiler, and am not sure what the problem is.

Over the period of 4 - 7 days the system pressure drops to 1 bar and I have to top up the pressure. Also I get the error E13 most times I turn it on the CH. Not sure if this is a problem with the thermistor.

Is this a leaking CH system? Or is it two separate problems i.e. dropping pressure, and E13 error?

The hot water from taps/shower seems fine, until the pressure drops to 1bar.

Thanks for any advice you may have, and what diagnostics I try.

Sponsored Links
What does the pressure read after the heating has been on 30 mins or so?

I assume you mean error F13?

Could be a leak on the boiler that is shorting out the sensor or some wiring.

Apologies for lack of reply - I was waiting for an email notification when there had been a reply to my posting. But I never got a notification. Oh well.

Anyhow to answer the question the boiler is reading just over 2bar once the CH has been on for half an hour or so.

Its definately E13 error code, and tonight I got an F23 error code too after the CH had been on for a couple of hours.

Grateful for any suggestions or the experience of others?

Sponsored Links
you've got a circulation problem.
Lack of water pressure, duff pump, dodgy ntc's, blocked HE etc...

Thanks. Are there any diagnostic tests I can do to narrow down the problem. Or is it a case of biting the bullet with calling out an engineer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back