Valliant Ecomax Fault 25 Help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The pressure keeps dropping on the boiler.

We have to keep resetting the pressure, through turning the boiler off, then pressing the valve underneath and letting water in. When the pressure is at 1-1.5 we turn it back on - then the boiler works.

However, when the heating/hot water has been off for a while, the pressure always drops back down to zero again.

This has been happening for about a month now. I was wondering how to fix this problem please.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There will be a small leak somewhere in your heating system or maybe even the boiler itself allowing the pressure to escape. It needs to be found, which can be the most difficult part especially if it is under a floor for example, and then repaired.

Ok great thanks for the info. Is this something we could attempt ourselves- or is it really a job for a plumber?

Thanks

It all depends where the leak is and how competent you are. If it's a pipe joint leaking, or a radiator valve then you could consider it. If it's inside the boiler, it's definitely a case for the professionals. The tricky bit often is finding it. A plumber may know where to start looking, but he would need to be Gas safe registered to attempt repairs on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
Ok great thanks. How would I check if the radiator valves or joints are leaking please? Thanks

Looking at them?

But first, when you next refill cold watch the pressure as the system heats up.

Should only increase from 1.5 bar to about 1.8 bar.

Tony

Ok, I will have have a look. What happens if the pressure goes higher please? Thanks

You may generate a few more leaks, or the boiler,s pressure relief valve will discharge the water outside.

If it goes higher you tell us what it goes to and we tell you what to do!

Tony

Ok great thanks, will have a look later when the pressure has dropped back down. Cheers.

Hi, I have just watched it heat up, and slowly the pressure went up to over 3 - so I turned it off!

The symptoms you are describing are typical of an underinflated or broken expansion vessel. You will need a Gas Safe Registered gas fitter to replace it.
The symptoms YOU are displaying are typical of someone playing dumb, and knows exactly what they are talking about. I may be wrong, but that's only happened once before, and she's gone now.

whattt? dont worry i am not a troll! I am a someone who's boiler is broken! I am skint - so was seeing if I /a mate could fix it! Thanks very much for the info.

By the way, is it ok for me to still use the boiler at the mo? It still works, but the pressure is going really high. Thanks

Use the boiler by all means while you are waiting for a repair.

There is a way you can use one of your radiators as a temporary expansion vessel until you get your fix - do a search on here, or wait for one of the regulars to post details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back