Valliant ecoTEC plus 937 - Hot water Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have a Valliant ecoTEC plus 937 that was installed in 2010. I had a new diverter valve installed in 2013, that is the previous repairs. I recently had a problem with an F27 fault. It was the first time it occurred. It would not reset. The display was flashing and was I was unable to do any test modes. It appeared to me it was the PCB. My nephew who is an electrical engineer did some tests and said the PCB was faulty. I ordered and installed a new Valliant PCB using the info from the Id plate on the bottom part num 0020132764. I installed the PCB myself and set it up in the second stage of the engineers menu, DNA 8. The boilers fires up and I have no fault codes. I have heating and I have hot water. My problem is the hot water is only being fed from the comfort tank(storage tanks). When I switch on a hot tap, the C flashes, and the tap sign comes on the display. If I then push 'i' the reading on the display is S24 which is correct. If I leave the tap running the water does not switch to ‘through flow’, it will run until the tank is empty and water is cold. The boiler then continues to heat the tanks and it goes in a circle. I then switch off the comfort tank, turn on a hot tap, or shower, and the C again starts to flash, I push ‘i ‘and it should be as I understand S14, but its still S24 water is still being fed by the tank, so the tank is not switching off. The fault appears to be its not switching over to ‘through flow’. What I would like to know, if anyone can help, should the new PCB be set up differently, or is this another separate fault and not the PCB. If separate fault could it be diverter valve? I have done hours of reading, but thought I would post after seeing the expertise on this forum before calling in an Valliant engineer. Sorry this post is so long.

Any advice would be most appreciated

coach_uk

Sponsored Links
Not sure anyone will advise on this section, you'd need to post in the combustion chamber sub forum.

Looking at the other questions that have been asked in this forum, i think its the right forum, John thanks for responding, but no big deal, i have heating and the hot water works (albeit like a kettle)It will get sorted just thought there was lots of expertise on here, seems not. I'ts not as if I'm going to be dismantling the boiler myself, just didnt want to get ripped off. Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back