Valliant EcoTec Pro 28 and Drayton Wiser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I am trying to install a Drayton Wiser and as far as I can tell the wall plate is the exact same as the Hive one.

I had a Honeywell RT T6360B installed and I thought it would be simple to replace but I cant get the Drayton Wiser to work.

Can you let me know if I need to run additional cables from the boiler?

As I stand, I removed the L brown cable from the T6360B and connected it to the Drayton L terminal.
Took the N blue cable from Honeywell and connected it to N on Drayton. Earths to the earth on Drayton.

I also put a jumper from L to T1 on the Drayton as the manual said it needs a link to power terminal 1. IS THIS TRUE AND CORRECT??
From Drayton manual:
"Note that the output contacts are voltage-free, so power needs to be put on to Terminal 1 either by linking from Terminal L or from a separate supply with a 3A fuse"

I got nothing running to 2,3, or 4 terminals.

From another thread I read it seems i need to run some cables to the 24v RT inputs of boiler Can anyone please confirm?? Should use the 24v even if Drayton says its Volt free? Should i Leave jumper on Burner OFF in boiler side?

All connections photos below.

T6360B Configuration

Boiler current connections

Drayton Manual

Sponsored Links
The blue wire on your old thermostat is not a Neutral it is the switched live for the boiler and needs to go into terminal 3 on the Drayton and you will need to run a L&N to the Drayton as well, DO NOT connect anything to the 24V side as you have linked L and 1

You shouldn’t really be removing the boiler cover either, unless you’re gas safe registered. You could do with some earth sleeving on that earth cable (Honeywell/ Drayton end)

Sponsored Links
@gozain I see that you are new to the forum, so I hope you don't mind if I point out for future reference, that you have two duplicate threads going on the same subject. This wastes the time of those who reply to the second thread if you have already had an answer in the first, plus with the other one, you have also hijacked someone else's thread. Both of which are against the forum rules.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back