Valliant Turbomax plus 824/2E problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question about a Valliant Turbomax plus 824/2E.

Have been away for a couple of weeks and on my return today found the boiler was off. Initially the 3A wall fuse and the circuit board fuse F1 were both blown. These were replaced and the boiler started up with the ignitor firing for several seconds. It failed to light though and gave me error code f.28.

Having measured the voltage from the PCB to the gas valve solenoid (the two red wires) I was getting a gradual increase in voltage to around 10VDC over the period the ignitor was firing. I then disconnected the wires from the solenoid and immediately got a 24VDC reading when the ignitor fired.
Additionally socket X12 and X13 were giving a 240VAC output when the ignitor fired, with nothing at all from socket X14. Having read around a bit on the internet (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=283628) I also checked the resistance of R203 (whilst powered off, expecting a resistance of around 66 ohms) which was zero, leading me to believe that I’ve had a short circuit of the Honeywell cable leading from X14 to the gas valve.

I suspect this means I need a new PCB and cable from X14 to gas valve. I’d be grateful for any advice you may be able to provide.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back