Valve stuck on radiator!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My landlady who is like 8500 years old, turns the heat up to 150 in november, she had a plumber bleed the radiators last year and he opened the valve i guess, which i used to turn the heat off, now i cant get it to close (or turn off the heat) and winter is coming and i dont want to suffocate like we did last year. The high heat caused more dammage to my apartment and my health, i'd rather have no heat at all.....i do not know what type of radiator it is, its old and metal and i know she has a boiler in the basement, the knob that is jammed, it is black with a screw in the middle, how can i fix this without telling her, cause any problem she raises the rent! please help....if you need more info please tell what to look for cause im a "girl" and dont know what to do!

Sponsored Links
You could try and remove the screw on the valve and the head of the valve which is normally made of plastic /metal should come off. Then get a pair of mole grips or pliers and try to free the the spindle by gently turning clockwise and then anticlockwise. if you need anymore help let me know!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back