valve

ChrisR said:
Still got some - somewhere!

ChrisR if you can find one I would be willing to buy one from you, mine sounds like it has striped a gear, it clicks when trying to rotate the valve, the valve turns freely though.

Sponsored Links
if you do change to completely new valve as for wiring just snip the wire between the junction box and valve. then use a new junction box so no wires can be disturbed in the main one and less confusion. just match them up

It might be worth noting there is a 5 wire brown switchmaster valve which works on a completely different w plan type of system. I came across one recently which required a drain down (primatic), pipework alteration, complete rewire to a y plan (wiring centre, room / cyl. stat, clock, y plan valve). Twas a nightmare.

Sponsored Links
Chris
I need just the blue bit. The valve itself is fine
Regards
LAC

ahcox said:
Ekkar said:
I've just (literally 5 mins ago - and what a nightmare) managed to plumb in the Drayton valve - now looking at the wiring and assume it follows the same principle as Ollski stated as detailed below for a Honeywell.

Hi Ekkar,

just a quick question: did that plumbing involve draining the entire central heating system? I had a plumber come and look at my valve/switchmaster and he said draining the lot would be required and I'd be looking at a £400+ bill. I backed off and am turning the valve by hand for now, but don't fancy keeping that up all winter.

Best,
Andrew
I replace one on a primatic which does need draining and only charged £110 for a Drayton all in!!
God knows why you are all trying to get hold of one of those crap old things, just get rid of it.

I try to keep the odd secondhand one of these to get people warm if I can't replace the plumbing immediately, and have just one (blue) new in its original box. I had two, until I was offered a small fortune for it!

Chris
Hi Does that mean you still have one? Please get in touch at ***********if you do
Regards
Lesley

email address removed, please see forum rule 7

pannierstan said:
I replace one on a primatic which does need draining and only charged £110 for a Drayton all in!!

How are you enjoying life on this side of europe then stan?

ollski said:
How are you enjoying life on this side of europe then stan?
Very funny Ollski, but it was a straight forward job for an elderly lady which took just over an hour.
I have always worked by the premise of not ripping anybody off and wont take offence at your sarcastic suggestion as you MATE might not be English
My point was that £400 is rather topside for what can be a very simple replacement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back