Vanity Unit Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In our downstiars WC we have a semi-recesed sink mounted in a 600mm unit (bought only 4 months ago from Plumb Centre). The unit is a shaker style, glossy white. The top, back & sides of the unit are laminated chipboard. Not entirely sure what happened, could have been one of the kids, but the short stubby screws that hold the hinge for the RH door have basically been torn out of the unit side. Where the screw holes were is now a "crater". I tried to fill the holes, left them to dry for over a week and then re-drill but the filler has just all come out with the drilling. How can I fix the hinge and therefore door back on without going to the hassle of replacing the side of the unit/whole unit? I did think of moving the hinges up a bit but the other half of the hinge fixed to the door has a large circular recess which would also need moving and I just don't have the tools or skills to move this. Any tips please...

Sponsored Links
If the hole is too large for a mending plate then you can fill with car filler or two part repair putty , both set harder than the original surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back