vauxhall astra fuel consumption

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

CAN ANYONE ADVICE ME PLEASE...

I have recently changed the front brake pads of my vauxhall astra and the spark plugs as well, after a few days I have noticed that it is consuming more fuel dropped down to 26 miles from 30 miles/ gallon also the front wheel is not moving freely compared to the LFWheel dont know whether this is cauing the problem or the spark plug as it is a spark plug with two side (ground) electrodes.

Thanks

WIN

Sponsored Links
Maybe a seized brake caliper piston? The drag from that will do little for performance, fuel consumption, your new brake pads or the brake disk!

Check if both wheel hubs are at about the same temperature after a short run, but beware - if a brake has seized on, the affected wheel might be VERY hot!

Wheels should spin freely, the car should roll with the slightest push on level ground. If not the pads are stuck "on". As suggested look for excessive heat after a drive.

But, high consumption may be due to the air filter needing a change?

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if you noticed a split in the rubber dust boot over the caliper piston when you changed the pads.....a sticking caliper is actually an MOT failure.
The caliper must also be freely able to slide on the pins, top and bottom, and the disc could well be blue with the heat generated.
John :)

Back