Vauxhall Astra Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a Vauxhall Astra Petrol 1.8 SRI on a Y plate (2001) and the ABS Light and the Traction Contol lights stay illuminated after you start the engine and remains illuminated whilst driving.

The brakes are working fine, its serviced every 10k - 12k and got 88k on the clock, I assume that a sensor is playing up and read elsewhere that the ABS sensor is linked to the Traction Control - Please confirm

I also read that there are 4 of these little sensors again can someone confirm.

Am I right in saying to change these sensors is an expensive job as you have to change the 'hub' (I have no idea what a hub is)

I also read that somneone had this problem before and he took each wheel off and jet washed everywhere inside the wheel arch let it dry and the lights went out, is this wise or would his lights go out cos is buggered the sensors, lol

Sponsored Links
i drive an astra diesel, when i am in the mood the jet wash goes everywhere, (except engine area) never had a problem

do you actually take the wheels off and jet wash behind, obviously only when your in the mood.

no, i confess i dont, but i borrow my neighbours bendy bit (we have the same brand of washer, he borrows my rotary brush) this bendy bit as the name implies bends to any angle you bend it to, its great for cleaning out all the brake shoe dust, so i think its safe to say every thing gets soaked and a good blast (even me sometimes)

Sponsored Links
when I bought my first car I used to jet wash the engine bay :eek:

If you ask me why, i could never answer you, think I want it to look nice and clean :LOL:

I drive an 03 plate Astra Coupe, when I first picked it up the traction control light came on, I took it back to the garage and they just replaced one of the sensors, problem solved. :D

its worth getting the wheels off and having a look for loose or damaged cables to the sensors,you can also check the sensors and trigger rings for a build up of rust and debris etc that could affect the signal

Back